Add Custom Interactions to Rise Projects with the New Storyline Block

One of the best things about Articulate 360 is that you always have the right tool for the job: you can create custom interactivity with Storyline 360 and build gorgeous, responsive courses with Rise 360. And with the Storyline block for Rise 360, you have the best of both worlds—custom interactivity with responsive output.

Easily add custom interactions built in Storyline 360 to the beautiful, responsive courses you’re creating with Rise 360. And because it’s Rise 360, your interaction will look perfect on every device.

Check out this video to see how easy it is to add Storyline 360 interactions to Rise 360:

Sign in to Articulate 360 to try the Storyline block yourself. And if you haven’t tried Articulate 360, you’re missing out! Get a free 30-day trial to try out this new feature and much, much more.

137 Comments
Dave Arthur
Steve Flowers

Hi, Veronica - What are you seeing in the published module on the LMS? Does it just not display the Storyline block or is the upload to your LMS failing? The Storyline interaction won't report anything to your LMS. The embed is similar to a video embed. So no interaction data or completion will be sent and no state or progress maintenance can be passed back into the Storyline block. The current feature will only embed the media, but will not include not the tracking behaviors from Storyline in your Rise publish. It may be possible, if you're comfortable hacking in a Javascript workaround, to have Storyline trigger communication through Rise using custom Javascript triggers in Storyline. I'd be careful with this as Rise could change the functions / function requirements in the fut... Expand

Craig Henry

I LOVE!! the new SL block interaction integration in Rise. I produced my first Rise course with a simple ordering drag & drop that works well in all media, EXCEPT on smart phones. On those devices, the interaction appears on-screen as a video. When you click the video, it opens on the same screen, the interaction is extremely sluggish, but does allow you to complete the interaction. However, when you try to "X" off of the page, nothing happens. Is this a known problem or is there any further configuration that I can/should do to ensure it works with all handheld devices? The remainder of the Rise course functions very well on all smart phones. Also, even if you have to open the interaction as a video (iFrame? etc.) can you configure it to open in a new tab or window instead of t... Expand

Lizzie Angell
Kelly Meeker
Tanya Corlett

Hi Jane, We've done this for our own purposes but had to go around the block a few times to get the video quality we were looking for. Peek works but we found on importing it into Rise the image was a bit blurry. And, I suspect this is due to optimisation of the image. But this worked for us: 1. Record your software video - Peek or any other tool. Save as MP4. 2. We then created a Storyline 360 scene with the video embedded in one of the slides. 3. We then selected the video on the slide and chose the Options tab: then chose 'Show video in new browser window', and 'No Compression'. 4. Then we published the Storyline scene to Articulate 360. 5. Created a RISE course. 6. Imported the Storyline scene from Articulate 360 into a block lesson of type Interactive using the Storyline... Expand

eLearning Developer
eLearning Developer
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard
Tanya Corlett
eLearning Developer
Erin Mahabir
Crystal Horn