Video quality

Mar 21, 2011

I have several video clips that I want to include in an engage interaction.  They are recorded on an HD video camera.  When I convert them to a format that articulate will recognise I lose resolution. I have tried converting them to .flv, mpeg4 and using the articulate video encoder.  I have seen crisp videos in other peolples articulate presentations - how do you do it?  When I play the .flv files or mpeg4 files unpublished they are fine.  Am I doing something wrong with the publishing settings?

1 Reply
Justin Wilcox

Follow the steps in "How To Prevent Scaling Your PNG Files" to see if they help:

http://www.articulate.com/blog/how-to-get-perfect-screenshots-in-presenter-09/

I would also recommend using a bitrate calculator to determine your audio and video bitrates. The higher the video bitrate, the higher the quality but  you have to keep in mind that a very large, high quality movie will have trouble playing well over the internet. Sometimes you need to sacrifice quality for bandwidth considerations.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.