508 and Headings / import of alt-tags from PowerPoint

Jun 05, 2018

Howdy!

Two questions:

Does Articulate 360 import the Headings labels hierarchy from PowerPoint for 508 purposes?

Does Articulate 360 import the Alt-Text from PowerPoint?

Thx.

4 Replies
Robin Innes

kinda both.

let's say i create a powerpoint with alt-texts and header hierarchies.  i use articulate to import the PPT file to convert it to a storyline file to work on.  will the alt-text and header hierarchies be exported by powerpoint / imported by storyline?  will it be accurate or reasonably accurate?

we're asking because we LOVE articulate products, and have made an uber-concerted effort to become accessible / 508 compliant.  

For example, will the JAWS READER pick up the alt-texts and header hierarchies established in powerpoint?

Also, do all the Articulate products support LTI?

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Robin,

I gave this a quick test and any alt text I added on objects or textboxes in Powerpoint did carry over when I imported those slides into Storyline 360.

I wasn't clear on what you meant by header hierarchies? The Powerpoint set up doesn't have the same option for changing the tab order that Storyline does, so you could really control that hierarchy or order of access as you need in Storyline.  This article is also a great collection of ideas and tips on how to design an accessible course.

Articulate Storyline is neither LTI Compliant nor LTI Certified. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.