Articulate Mobile Player

Oct 16, 2013

Upgraded to Presenter '13.  When on the iPad, I noticed that when a user clicks on a link to start the presentation that I published, the user is presented with an option to download the Articulate Mobile Player app.  Great so far.  After downloading the app, the presentation played without an issue.  So here's my question.  I noticed the presentation gets added to a library.  Is there any way to control this?  I want my users to be able to play the presentation, but not be able to "keep" it as long as they are connected to the Internet.  

Essentially I provide "access" to the presentations via a subscription.  If their subscription expires, I don't want them to be able to access those presentations in the library any more.

Any insight would be appreciated.

8 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Scott,

You're welcome to submit that as a feature request.  Also, you may want to look at publishing for HTML5 only, as that way they'd need a link to access the course (presumably from within your subscription website) and that would prevent them from having it saved with the library. Before making the switch, you'll want to look at the comparison chart as there are some limitations within the HTML5 output. 

Scott Dennstaedt

Well Ashley, I tested your theory.  And yes, it appears that removing the meta.xml file (or renaming it) will cause the workshop not to function.  Surprisingly, you can rename/delete every other file and directory that is created during the publishing and it'll still play just fine in the mobile player app.  Without deleting the file, I am wondering if there's any way to manipulate that xml file (change one of the xml elements) periodically so that a version stored in the library will not play.  I could certainly write a script to go through on a monthly or weekly basis and manipulate all of the meta.xml files.  Any suggestions would be helpful.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.