Articulate Presenter 13

Dec 06, 2016

Hi,

I am a new user.  I have been working through the learning videos and working on the exercises.  In the video you talk about the menu tab that appears on the left sidebar and how to use that.  You also went into clicking on the "Player" button in the Articulate ribbon to change what things show and where they are located.  The menu is clicked to appear on the sidebar but it is not there.  How do I get that feature?

15 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hey there Debra.  Definitely mysterious.  Can you provide a screenshot of your slide from "Preview this slide?"  Could you also give a screenshot of your Player properties window, just to compare?  You are even welcome to share your project here; attach the Articulate Package, and we can do some testing to see what's going on!

Debra Anthony

Thank you for your help.  I was just working on the practice PP from your site.  Here are the screen shots from that.  I also opened a new PP to see if I could create it so that the menu would show correctly.  I was not able to.  I am including those scree shots also.  Like I said I am brand new and just trying to figure this out.  It is probably simple.  I appreciate your support.  Thank you.

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Debra, thanks for sharing those screenshots! And don't worry that you're new to this, you've come to the right place. I learn new things in this forum every day!

It looks like you've done everything correctly. The menu only displays when you're in Preview mode, meaning when you click "Preview this slide." When you're in Edit mode, you won't see the menu. Let me know if you have any further questions!

Debra Anthony

Ok.  Apparently I do not know how to use the outline feature.  When I follow the instructions from the "Presenter '13: Adding Content and Animating It" it talks about going into the outline and adding titles for your slides.  When I do that the slide titles show up on the slides, however on the practice finial PP that shows you how it should look those titles are simple in the outline as a way to track the slides.  I have attached a picture of this. 

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Debra,

Where are you adjusting the slide titles? It looks like it's inserting that into your slide based on a master slide you're using. I'm guessing that based on the slide title's location on the slide and the basic title/content slide master set up. Have you tried deleting the title text box on the slide? That should allow you to edit the title in the menu without it reappearing on the slide. 

If you're still having difficulty it's always helpful to get a look at your Presenter package.  Here's how to create one. 

Debra Anthony

I just went into outline and typed a title for the slide into the column on the left.  It creates a title on the slide.  I delete the title box but it recreates.  I am using the deck from the "Getting Started with Articulate Presenter 13"  I have tried to modify the master but that did not change anything. It still adds the title to the slide.  I have added the deck.  Thank you for the help.

Debra Anthony

Could you also help me with publishing in Engage.  I am working my way through the training that you have.  I don't seem to have the Publish button.  I have attached pictures of my Engage ribbon, and the Engage ribbon show in the training video.  How would I get the publish button to show.  Thank you.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.