Articulate Studio 09 and PPT 2000

Oct 18, 2011

I'm in a workshop right now and a student asked if PowerPoint 2000 and 2003 are compatible with Articulate Studio 09.

I can't find the info on the support site. Can you help me?

Thanks!

6 Replies
Peter Anderson

Hey Rod,

It sounds like you will have to contact the folks who support Star Navigator to see if they can provide you with the MSI file or offer another solution to repair their software. Hopefully they will help you resolve that. You might also want to double-check that you actually need that software. Otherwise you could uninstall it.

Rod Ford

Peter, Thanks for your help.

I have a little more info:

1. There are 2 computers at my client's site with the Articulate 09 Studio and PPT 2002 configuration

These are new installations of Articulate 09 Studio, today.

Neither install is working correctly -- none of the articulate features work at all, and on one machine when the user clicks "Player Templates" the pc attempts to install something that is not available. What's going on there? It looks like it's trying to install something called Star Navigator 13.msi.  On the second machine, when the user clicks "Player Templates" the pc does nothing.

My first thought was to look for Star Navigator 13.msi but why does an Articulate feature need this? That doesn't make sense.

2. On a third machine, this one running PPT 2007 and a new install (today) of Articulate 09 Studio. When I launch PPT, the machine responds that Component 'MSHFLXGD.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file missing or invalid.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Articulate 09 Studio but continue to get the same error message.

This seems to be a Visual Basic file that if needed should be installed with Articulate. I don't know how to correct the issue. Has any one run across this one before?

Thanks!

Justin Wilcox

Hi Rod.

Star Navigator is not associated with Articulate software. You would need to contact them to figure out why you are receiving this message. The reason is likely that there is a possible conflict with shared files that both applications are using. If you don't need that application, uninstalling it should resolve your issue. Repairing your Articulate install won't really help because the issue is not with the Articulate software, per se.

For your issue with the MSHFLXGD.OCX file, I would attempt a repair installation making sure that you restart your computer at the end of the reinstall:

http://www.articulate.com/support/presenter09/kb/?p=1157

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.