Error Code 120

Jan 29, 2013

I'm trying to publish, but I keep receiving error messages.  It first started with Error Code 120.  Now it's this message - PowerPoint experienced a serious problem with the 'articulate presenter ribbon' add-in.  If you have seen this message multiple times, you should disable this add-in and check to see if an update is available.  Do you want to disable this add-in?

3 Replies
Christine Hendrickson

Good morning Beverly,

First, try to make sure you're publishing local content. If you attempt to edit, preview or publish content from an external source (such as a network drive, USB drive, etc.) you may run into some odd behavior. Work on your local drive (your C: drive). You should also make sure the directory path to your project files and your published output is less than 260 characters (for example C:\Articulate). Avoid using special characters, accents or symbols in your file names.

Additional information regarding "Naming Files, Paths, and Namespaces" in Windows operating systems can be found in the following Microsoft article.

If you're not able to see the Presenter add-in in the PowerPoint ribbon after seeing that error message, please follow the steps in this article

If you've confirmed the presentation files are local, can you tell me if this happens for only a specific project, or does this happen if you try to publish a new presentation?

Thanks!

Tammy Sellers

I am also getting this error - I have followed the guidance on the Articulate website... I am very frustrated in that this will be the 3rd time since our purchase of this software that  I have had to uninstall and reinstall NOT ONLY Articulate, but also Microsoft Office. This will make twice in one week for me. Now that I have convinced others in my company to also use this software, they are also experiencing similar errors.  Please advise what other recourse there is besides these habitual install/reinstall actions.... I am seriously losing productivity! :-( and losing my patience :-(

Christine Hendrickson

Hi Tammy,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're having with this and I can definitely understand how this is frustrating for you. I'm not sure of the history you've had with this, because I haven't been able to find any support cases on this topic. 

This is definitely not expected behavior and you should not be experiencing this issue continuously. If you haven't already, please contact our support team so we can work with you on resolving this issue:

Articulate Support - Submit a Support Case

Please be sure to include a description of your issue. Please also include the URL for this thread in the form. Also, please share the case number with me. You're welcome to do so here, or in a private message. This way I can follow the progress of the case and update this thread.

If you have already contacted our support team and are currently working with us on this issue, please share the case number with me so I can keep track of the troubleshooting process.

Thanks,

Christine

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.