Hyperlinks not working

Feb 29, 2012

I've almost finished my first e learning course! Am having problems with hyperlinks for a branching scenario - I've added shapes over the smart graphics as suggested in each hyperlink - it works fine in a slide show but not when I publish - any sugestions appreciated! I've attached the branching extract.

Jo

4 Replies
James Starr

Yah, people suggest putting the transparent objects above the smart object but who wants a bunch of invisible stuff on their presentation? When you save the smart art as an image and reimport it to add a hyperlink to it, you know where it is because it's not invisible, and you can also copy and paste it and it keeps the link in tact.

All in all, less objects to deal with and faster workflow in my opinion.

Simon Perkins

One thing to bear in mind is that PPT slide layouts don't seem to like hyperlinks in images/objects etc.  That's when you might find it best to drop a 99% transparent shape on top and assign the link to that.  Also in slide layouts, ungroup any grouped objects because PPT/Presenter has a strange desire to shrink the published version - ungrouping gets around this.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.