Player size?

Feb 18, 2011

I would like to display a web page with size 980X560 using Webobject in no slide bar view. Can any one tell me how I have to do it. Default i am getting only 720 width. Thanks in advance.

10 Replies
Jeanette Brooks

Hi Rambabu - yeah, if you try to insert a web object at larger than the standard slide stage (720x540) you probably saw a message saying web objects can only be 720 pixels wide. However, you could try this and see if it gives you what you're looking for:

1. When you insert the web object and choose your options, use the Window Size selector to choose "Full Slide," then click OK.
  2. Now right-click the web object placeholder, and choose Size And Position.
  3. For the Size options, first unmark the box that says "Lock Aspect Ratio." Then enter a height of 7.78 inches and a width of 13.61 inches. Click Close.
  4. With the web object placeholder selected, go to the Format tab in PowerPoint, and choose Align > Align Center, and then choose Align > Align Middle.

I did a quick test and here is a picture of the output I got when I used the steps above to insert the Heroes web site as a web object in a presentation:

Rohan  K

Hi Jeanette

Just to further this tip of yours...is it possible to increase the area of the power point slide to use the entire player's width like you have done in the image above? I know you can import web objects, videos and swf and have them extend outside the slide area. But what about the the content created in powerpoint itself?

In my opinion, there are times when you dont really need the side bar, in which case there is a lot of area empty around the slide which is unusable! plus as a designer, I also feel that a wider content area like in the pic you posted gives a better look than a square content area.

I came across this post while searching a solution for the same problem, so i thought it might be better to ask here than start a new thread.

Any suggestions?

Katy Joy

Thanks for these instructions, Jeanette! I have a slight problem, I think. When I insert my web object, I put the web address in and choose Display in Slide. Then, Load Object Automatically. My problem is that the Window Size drop down is grayed out. So what I'm left with is a web page that loads in my slide with a vertical scrollbar, but the horizontal scrollbar doesn't show up. So the web page displays in my slide and I can't scroll right to see the content on the right side of the page. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Jeanette Brooks

Hi Katy,

So it sounds like you are using Storyline, and not Presenter - is that correct? Once you insert your web object, is the entire placeholder contained on the slide (i.e., not spilling off the bottom edge)? If so, I'm not sure why the scrollbar wouldn't appear as expected, but if the URL you're using as the web object is public and you'd like to share it here, I'm happy to test it out.

Katy Joy

Hi Jeanette,

Sorry, yes, I am using Storyline. The link I'm telling it to go to is a survey and the survey runs across the entire screen. However, when I put it into a web object within Storyline, it cuts half of it off. Here's the link to the survey. Can you please test it to see if you have the same issue?

https://www.kamtm.com/url/u.aspx?CB3F2C51525196461

Thanks.

Jeanette Brooks

Hi again Katy - I see what you mean; when I insert that URL, it almost fits but not quite, and no horizontal scrollbar appears. I went ahead and submitted case to our support team on your behalf, so that they could take a look and hopefully make some recommendations to you. You should be hearing from a support representative soon. Have a nice weekend!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.