Presenter (360), Keyboard enter key, depressed will skip through slides

Sep 23, 2019

Our office is using Articulate 360 Presenter for course development.  Some courses are associated with compliance so we need learners to navigate each slide (e.g, at end of audio, interaction, or set time per slide, the learner needs to click on the next button to proceed).  Navigation allows a learner to go to previously viewed, not jump forward.  We recently realized that depressing the Enter key can move to the next slide, and after the second or third slide, holding the Enter key depressed will navigate through all slides without the learner viewing them.  Where there is Quizmaker, the depressed key will proceed through each question in the same fashion;  and it appears to create a blank question slide prohibiting submittal of selected answers.  Anyone have similar experience they were able to rectify? Thanks. 

6 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hello Richard and welcome to E-Learning Heroes :)

I see that you are working with Jose on our support team and that your issue has been escalated for further investigation.

I appreciate you reaching out and sharing the details with the community and I hope others will be able to share their tips and tricks in the meantime.

Richard Bryson

As you can see, there is no comment here, and Jose has only been able to express that "engineering is already reviewing... there is no quick fix.."  I see this as a problem with compliance training, e.g., how to confirm a learner has viewed each page.  Any suggestions for next steps to expedite this?  I do not want to revert to Studio 13 to publish courses.  

Richard Bryson

Many thanks. I can appreciate the time it takes to resolve tech issues, but am concerned about Articulate 360 use for compliance online training. I am pretty sure, this issue existed with the old Studio 9 application, and was resolved with Studio 13. Not sure if that helps. Thanks again, Rich.

Rich Bryson
NJ Office Homeland Security & Preparedness
Training and Exercise Bureau
Tel: 609.588.2123
www.njohsp.gov

Katie Riggio

Good morning, Richard!

Thank you for sharing all of this helpful insight, both in eLearning Heroes and by staying in touch with our engineers. It looks like the team is wrapping up their findings, so you should hear back in the case shortly!

By the way, it looks like you may have replied by email where your contact information came through to the public forum. Feel free to edit your reply here

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.