Presenter 360: Player Settings issue with Seekbar, Play/Pause, Volume -- and issues with PPT crashing

Jun 01, 2017

I'm in Presenter 360 (on trial), and my output player is not matching what I think it should after reading the help and seeing the preview in the player settings.

When I disable the Seekbar and try to keep the play/pause button enabled, it won't do it. If I disable the Seekbar & enable play/pause in the player, it removes both for all the slides. If I enable them both in the player but disable the Seekbar on specific slides, it doesn't disable it.

Also... is it possible to have the Volume button appear on slides with audio and not appear on slides without audio? I see how to disable it on the main player, but I don't see it as an option on individual slide properties.

Also... PPT has crashed three times this afternoon while I've been working with Studio 360. I'm working with a local file. Any other suggestions?

16 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi Heather!  Thanks for giving all of that really good detail.

1. We identified an issue where the seekbar and the play/pause buttons are not respecting the player settings and slide properties independently of each other.  You actually gave us some additional information that we didn't document, so I added it to our report.

I'll be sure to get this discussion updated when we have some new info to share.

2. The volume setting in the player properties is global.  I'm going to submit a feature request for you to see if we can explore allowing the volume button to be disabled on a per slide basis!

3. Rats- that's not good.  You might have already tried this, but can you start with these steps on repairing Presenter 360?  Be sure to reboot and run the reinstallation as an administrator.

If that doesn't work, there are some further steps to try linked at the bottom of that article.

In the meantime, I'll update your case with our support team with the above info so we don't duplicate our replies to you!

Let me know how you make out!

Ali Goulet

Hey Heather,

I have some great news! 

We just released another update for Studio 360, and included a couple important fixes that you'll see in the release notes here 

This update fixes the issue you reported where the play/pause button wouldn't show on the course player in HTML5 output when the seekbar was turned off.

Just launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button for each application. Details here.

Please let us know if you have any questions, either here or by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly!

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Sue,

Thanks for reaching out and letting us know that you're running into difficulty adjusting your player settings.

Does this happen with all of your projects or just when you are working on a specific project?

If it's happening with all of your projects, be sure to repair your software to get yourself back in good working order.

Let me know if that helps.

Sue Ascher

Hi Leslie,

Thank you for your response. I updated Articulate, restarted and it worked, so I thought the issue was fixed. However, today I'm running into the same problem and my software is up to date. This is what happens:

I set the player:
[cid:image005.jpg@01D52208.301430D0]

This is what happens when I click OK:
[cid:image006.jpg@01D52208.301430D0]

I've tried saving, saving as (neither shows up in the dropdown menu, but tells me that the player exists when I try to save it again.

Thanks,

Sue

Hattie Wiley

I have the full version and have been having the same issues. 

"Articulate Presenter 360 has stopped working." and Crashed during publishing. 

I have done ALL the steps... I have uninstalled and reinstalled via repair instructions, imported, tried brand new slide decks, AND even tried it on my home computer in the event that our security settings were an issue... but NOTHING is correcting the issue. 

Leslie McKerchie

Hello Hattie,

Thanks for reaching out and letting us know that you're running into a similar issue as well.

It looks like you've done quite a bit of troubleshooting yourself.

With your permission, I'd like to take a look at your project file to investigate what's happening. You can share it publicly here, or send it to me privately by uploading it here. I'll delete it when I'm done troubleshooting.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.