Publishing error

Jan 28, 2013

I am trying to publish a rather large course, 122 slides with a quiz.  During publishing, I get an error that states "There was an error copying player files.  Error Code: 120"  I attempting to publish directly to my local Documents folder.  Please advise.

8 Replies
Peter Anderson

Hi Terry!

We're aware of a similar error message that could be related to the one you received. This message may indicate one or more of the following:

• The location to which you are publishing is Read-Only.
  • You do not have sufficient privileges to write to the selected publish location.
  • There is not enough available disk space to publish the presentation in the selected location.

You will need to select a publish location that is not Read-Only, or increase your available disk space.  It is recommended that you coordinate with your IT staff to correct these issues.

Or if you'd like, you can open a case with our support team. 

Thanks!

Christine Hendrickson

Hi Terry,

You mentioned you're publishing to your local documents, but where is the original presentation file? Try to make sure you're not publishing a file that's located on any external source. 

If you are experiencing unexpected issues using Articulate software, here are some tips for managing your files which can help prevent issues. Work on your local drive (your C: drive). Working on a network drive or a USB drive can cause erratic behavior, including file corruption, loss of audio, and other unexpected behavior. You should also make sure the directory path to your project files and your published output is less than 260 characters (for example C:\Articulate). Avoid using special characters, accents or symbols in your file names.

Additional information regarding "Naming Files, Paths, and Namespaces" in Windows operating systems can be found in the following Microsoft article:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa365247(VS.85).aspx

Let me know if you're still unable to publish the presentation after checking the location of the files and the file names.

Thanks!

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Liz and welcome to E-Learning Heroes!

It's hard to tell by just this image.

We had some publishing issues that were resolved in Update 2, so let's start there. Are you utilizing Studio '13 Update 2?

Do you have trouble publishing any other presentations? Are you able to preview this course as expected?

If you need us to take a look, you can package your course and upload here.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.