Resume function

May 27, 2011

We direct our users to view all slides in our presentations and then pass a final quiz at the end to complete their training.  On occasion, a user may view some of the slides then skip to the final quiz which they pass.  Once we are aware of this, we notify the user that they must go back and view the remaining slides in order to complete the training.  When they return to the module, they are asked if they want to resume where thy left off.  If they say no, the module starts over and they have the ability to view the slides but their answers to the quiz are gone and they must submit a new quiz.  If they say yes to the resume and then try to view the remaining slides, a notification pops up telling them they need to complete the quiz in order to continue.  

Is there something I need to change in the properties that will allow the user to return without having to retake the quiz and resubmit?

6 Replies
Brian Batt

Hi John & welcome to Heroes,

Can you try disabling the resume feature in the quiz to see if that resolves the issue?

To disable the prompt to resume in Quizmaker '09, please do the following:

1. Open your quiz in Quizmaker '09.

2. Click the Player Templates button on the toolbar.

3. Select your player template, and click the Edit button.

4. Select the Navigation tab.

5. Deselect the check box for "Prompt to resume on quiz restart".

6. Click the OK button.

7. Click the Close button to edit the Player Template Manager.

8. Publish your quiz.

Tim Jacobs

Brian,

I have attached 2 screen shots.  The first is what I see when I attempt to resume the course.  I have passed the quiz on slide 3, as that is the only way that I could have moved to slide 4.

The second is what I receive when I attempt to return to slide 3, since I have the navigation locked.

Here is what I am trying to do:

I want to force the student to go through the course in the order it is designed.  There are a number of short videos, with short quizzes following each one.  If the student does not pass the quiz 100%, I want them to have to go back and view the previous video again, then be forced to take the quiz again after they have completed the video.

Basically, view video/pass quiz to move on, or if failed return to video and start loop over.

Brian Batt

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the clarification.  On the first screen shot, if you exit a presentation while displaying a slide that is immediately after a quiz, you may find that the resume feature does not work properly.  For example, you may be taken back to slide one, or you may receive a notification that you cannot proceed until you pass the quiz on the previous slide even if you already passed it.

Please review the following article for more information and a solution:

http://www.articulate.com/support/presenter09/kb/?p=3785

Regarding the second screen shot, do you have the resume feature enabled in both the quiz & the presentation?

To enable or disable the prompt to resume on presentation in Presenter '09, please review this knowledge base article: 

http://www.articulate.com/support/presenter09/kb/?p=745

To enable the resume feature in Quizmaker '09, see the Resume section in the link below:

http://www.articulate.com/support/quizmaker09/?p=64 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.