Slide Navigation

Jan 09, 2014

Ok. I'm new to Studio '13 and am just put together simple e-Learning presentations. I have two questions  - sorry if they are really simple -

1. How do I fix the slide navigation so that learners cannot skip through a slide or jump ahead? I could do this '09, but can't figure it out on '13.

2. Is there a way with '13 to have the program - either presenter or Articulate Online - send an email automatically when a class has been completed?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

1 Reply
Christine Hendrickson

Hi Brooke and welcome to E-Learning Heroes!

1. How do I fix the slide navigation so that learners cannot skip through a slide or jump ahead? I could do this '09, but can't figure it out on '13.

Certainly - you can lock the slides, change the navigation type and advancement type in Presenter '13. 

These two resources may help:

Meet the New Slide Properties Panel in Presenter '13

Managing Slide Properties - E-Learning Heroes

And to restrict navigation in your course, take a look at this tutorial:

Customizing the Player Menu in Articulate Presenter *(You'll want to scroll down to "Changing the navigation method")

2. Is there a way with '13 to have the program - either presenter or Articulate Online - send an email automatically when a class has been completed?

I'm afraid there isn't an option for this in Studio or Articulate Online. However, if you would like to see this type of functionality in a future release of the software or server, please send your suggestions to our development team:

Submit a feature request

I hope this information helps, Brooke!

Please let me know if you have any questions.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.