Slides hidden in menu can have characters missing in title display
Dec 20, 2013
In Presenter 2013 you can hide selected slide titles in the drop-down menu at upper left. Even if a slide title is hidden, it will appear in "Notes". On my computer/ there are a set of characters that will NOT display in the "Notes" slide title if that slide title is hidden in the menu. These characters will not appear UNLESS they are used somewhere else in the player (e.g. in another slide title which is NOT hidden in the menu, in a linked resource, in the presentation title, etc.).
Here is how you can confirm this yourself:
1. Create a new blank PowerPoint presentation.
2. Copy and paste the following into the slide title field on slide 1: abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ0123456789
3. Open the Articulate player, ensure the menu is checked, edit the menu, and hide slide 1 in the menu.
4. Open Articulate Slide Properties and check "Notes" for slide 1.
6. Publish the presentation, open it, and view the "Notes". In notes, the title of the slide will be something like:
acdefghilmnoprstuxyABCDEFGHILMNPQRSTUVWX0123456789 - notice that some letters are missing from the title, e.g. bjkpqvwzJKOYZ
7. Edit the menu again, and this time unhide slide 1 in the menu (so it will be displayed).
8. Republish, review, look at the notes. Now the title in notes is correct, with all characters displayed.
9, Repeat as desired. While editing the player, hide slide 1 in the menu, and paste the folllowing into the presentation title: abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ0123456789. Republish and check. The notes title for the hidden slide is now displayed correctly because all required characters were visible elsewhere in the player. You can also delete the title, and a 2nd slide, set the name of this 2nd slide to abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ0123456789, ensure it will be
visible in the menu, and hide slide 1 in the menu. The slide 1 notes title will now be correct (again, because all required characters were displayed elsewhere in the player).
If anyone knows a workaround to get past this issue, please let me know. I have a couple of presentations where I want to hide some slides in the menu, but still show notes. These slides require specific titles, and they don't show up correctly notes. Some characters are missing, and I can't use these characters elsewhere in slide titles or in the player.