Studio 09 Update 9 (6.3.1303.2214) was released March 22, 2013

Apr 03, 2013

Received an alert regarding this update today.

One of the primary features in the release notes is:

• Fixed issue where content wouldn't track properly in an LMS or Articulate Online when viewed in Internet Explorer 10

Does this mean I would need to republish all of my SCORM 2004 (or SCORM 1.2 in some cases) courses and re-upload them in order for them to work properly in IE 10?

6 Replies
Andrei Kryssov

Thank you for the information Christine!

I'm exploring the "Updating existing content in your LMS" option described here: http://www.articulate.com/support/kb_article.php?product=ap9&id=fdleeocw0tnt

However I must admit I'm a bit nervous of using this option - we have hundreds of courses and the risk of breaking them is a bit scary. Therefore I would be testing this on our Staging site first. Is this update meant for both SCORM 2004 (1st-3rd edition) and SCORM 1.2 courses? 

Curious to hear about the experience of other forum members with this tool!

Christine Hendrickson

Good morning Andrei. I hope you had a great weekend!

As far as I know, the only modification that will be made is the tracking for users viewing that content in Internet Explorer 10. So, it should resolve the issue for both 2004 and 1.2. 

Since the updater provides the option to select courses, you could create a new course (for testing purposes) and then try the updater. To save some time and to ensure your current projects work properly after updating, you could simply create a copy of an existing course and rename it. Upload it to the LMS, then use the updater. Hopefully everything should go well and you'll have a little extra peace of mind

If you run into any trouble with this, please just let us know!

Christine

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.