Studio 2013 - Arabic html5 player issue

Aug 17, 2017

Hello everyone,

I don't want to be too picky but there are something I noticed in html5 and I would like to fix them if possible for my courses.

This might be resolved in 360, but the file itself is build with 2013 - I appreciate if you can let me know if 360 resolved these issues. Thanks!

1. The menu that has a sub-menu doesn't load when clicking itself.

I think this issue existed before as well, wonder if this can be resolved in the future or if there is any workaround. Now a days, chrome doesn't support the flash fully and I see many cases that it shows html5.

2. The alignment is different than English and not aligned very well.

For English, the menu arrows aligned well with other slide that doesn't have sub-menus.

3. The button label is not centered. - I might be just missing the formatting button or something. So far, I haven't figured it out.

4. I just got the suggestion from our Arabic reviewer, it seems "the arrow" of next/prev button are confusing and it is better to delete.

I attached the video/screenshot and the sample course here.

Thanks for all your help in advance,

Soogyung Gwon

14 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hello Soogyung,

Thanks for your detailed post! We can certainly have a look at your file to address what you're seeing in Presenter '13 and compare that to how it behaves when it's upgraded to Presenter 360.

I see you attached the published zip file. Could you also attach the Articulate Package so we can open the file and have a look around? Here's how to create an Articulate Package. 

Thanks!

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Soogyung,

I'll admit that the Arabic examples are harder for me to see the display issues with text as you mentioned, so I wanted to share my examples with you here. I didn't see that the player template was included - so I made changes to the player to include:

• Right to left text
  • Arabic language
  • Adding the menu to the right drop down

You'll see the example I published here using Articulate 360 to Review. 

I also included an example here that I published with Studio '13 and uploaded to Tempshare and that link will be live for 10 days. 

Let me know if you're able to take a look at those two examples and if you want to annotate the issues, that'll be helpful! 

Soogyung Gwon

Hello Ashley,

Thanks! Your example file looks good! I actually did all three items you listed but didn't have buttons on left side.Is there othe buttons that I missed? 

1. https://goo.gl/hazWwY
https://goo.gl/bTnerh

I have a Arabic when I published it. Do I need to make my computer entirely Arabic or do I only need to have Arabic language installed?

Thanks,
Soo

Hi Soo,

The menu as a drop down would remove it from the sidebar - so you can only choose one or the other. I recorded a quick Peek to show the different options here.  

As for the location of the player buttons, it seemed they changed when I set the language to Right to left, but now I can't consistently make that happen now - so I'm going to look into that a bit further! 

Sorry Soo for the delay - and a serious lapse in my thinking power! 🙃

The one example I shared with you was from Studio 360 and that encompasses a few additional updates and features, especially for Right to left courses! 

In Studio '13 the prev/next buttons would swap locations on the player. In Studio 360 they move to the other side to give learners the best experience.

Sorry for the additional confusion and back and forth. If you're looking to upgrade to Articulate 360, feel free to reach out to our Sales team! They'd be happy to talk through pricing and any other enhancements that'll help you build courses! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.