Studio 2013 html5 output works for some

Feb 17, 2014

So, I have an html5 file that is working for most people but not for a few. None of the hyperlinks are working. The issue is only seen in Chrome.

The file is not resizable and only consists of a few hyperlinks to other slides. I am thinking it is a setting in their browser, but I can't figure out which one it is. 

Any help would be much appreciated!

3 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hi Stephanie and welcome to E-Learning Heroes! Can you tell me a bit more about how you are publishing your content and how your users are accessing this content?

Are you not seeing the same issue?

If you view published Articulate Presenter content on your local hard drive or send it to someone else to view on their local hard drive, you'll encounter security restrictions from the computer, web browser, Flash Player, and network that'll cause various features to fail. To test your content and share it with others, you'll need to upload it to the environment for which it was published. Here's how.

Stephanie Abel

Hi, Leslie

Image below show the settings for publishing for web that I am using. I file is loaded to an ftp (lms given) and then accessed through a link. So the issue appears for one person so far. They view it in Chrome and none of the hyperlinks work. Then I asked a few others to try it and the file has no issue. 

I sent the link to a code friend of mine and he said that he thinks there is an error in the "mobile/player_compiled.js" file. When I contacted support they told me to try republishing. I did that and on a few different computers. No change for the user. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Stephanie!

Sounds like an issue with that user.

I would advise them to:

1) Upgrade Adobe Flash Player here

2) If your LMS requires Java to be installed on the client computers, be sure the correct version of Java is installed and enabled for your browser. Java can be downloaded and installed here.

3) Clear your browser cache as explained here
If that does not resolve the user issue, they may need to remove and reload Chrome on their computer.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.