Can't Print Course Title in Quizmaker 2013

Jan 09, 2015

I am using Quizmaker 2013 and have Windows 7 as my OS. I have prepared and inserted a quiz into Presentor 2013. Everything work well, until I ftp the course and then load the course into our LMS and seek to print the quiz results. Instead of printing the course name, a series of alpha numberic characters appears where the course title should be. (All of the other desired output is displayed, see screen shot.) I checked with our LMS Sysadmin, and the LMS appears to be correctly reaching out to the delivered file where the course title is supposed to be. I have not seen a setting in Quizmaker that would enable the title to be set. Could someone direct me to where that setting shoud be? Thanks!

13 Replies
Bill  Homovec

Leslie,

You are correct. After the Presenotr update, the Articulate ribbon does not work. We fast forwarded to upgrading to Office 2013 based on publishing issues that a coworker had last year when she sought to publish using Presentor 2013 with Windows 7 and Office 2010. I now have Office 2013, and I am still having the same issues as before. I will try repair the install, but not today. It will be an early task on Monday, and I'll try to let you know the outcome. The Office 2013 upgrade was not a totally bad thing. It's the direction our desktops are heading toward anyway, so I now may be ahead of the power curve on something.

Bill  Homovec

Leslie,

The Quiz Update did not solve the problem. We had to re-install Articulate and remove Lychos 2013 from Office 2013 to return functionality to Articulate. After doing so, the presentation was updated and republished. It was then ftp'd to our LMS by the LMS sysadmin and the course was previewed, including the testing the print result feature. The print results output is in the attached screen shot. The only difference from earlier efforts is that this is a different set of alpha numeric characters.

Going to support seems to be the way to go at this point in time. If you can give someone a heads up, I will submit the request.

Bill  Homovec

The ticket number referenced above can be closed. The presentation now successfully runs in our LMS and end users can print their results.

The solution was to shorten the name of the quiz. Here are Renato's specific instructions:

1. Open the Powerpoint file "Annual Bloodborne Pathogens Safety 2015".

2. Go to Slide # 19

3. Click on "Edit Quizmaker".

4. Click on "Quiz Properties".

5. Go to the "Question Defaults" pane.

The quiz name is edited and shortened from this point. Save the changes, republish, and ftp to the server, and we're printing away.

Special thanks for the patience and persistence of Renato.

Bill

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.