Quizmaker 360 - Remaining "in progress" instead of failed

Apr 04, 2019

I am having trouble with scoring/reviewing a quiz in Quizmaker. I have a quiz set up that allows 2 attempts, allowing the users to review the questions/answers. This was  published to Scorm 1.2 as Passed/Failed. In my LMS (Absorb) I also have it set up to allow 2 attempts. I am honestly not sure if this is a Quizmaker issue or a LMS issue or both so I am going to ask to both today and await responses. 

Here's what is happening:

If I pass the first attempt - it shows as passed and the task completes in Absorb and there is info on the reporting end. This is correct.

If the first attempt is under the 75% passing threshold, the results do not show up in the LMS at all. (incorrect) BUT - It does allow you to take the quiz a second time and if you pass, it will then show the results on the reporting end as well as mark the quiz as complete to the user. (And still allow them to review their answers which is what we want)

If I do 2 attempts and fail them both, my answers and results show up on the reporting end and the course shows as failed, however, I cannot review the quiz again. I do not want them to be able to take it - but I do want them to always be able to review it. What am I doing wrong?

One other thing to note, anytime the quiz is opened, closed, then re-opened again is being counted as an attempt in Quizmaker, but it doesn't seem to affect the 2 attempts in Absorb.

1 Reply
Leslie McKerchie

Hi Casey,

Thanks for reaching out and describing what you are experiencing with your Quizmaker course.

You mention that you were not sure if it was an issue with the project or the LMS and a great way to test that is to upload and compare to SCORM Cloud. It's an industry-standard testing engine that allows you to identify where the issue lies and you can read more about it here.

In short, if you can reproduce it in SCORM Cloud, we'd want to dive in a bit deeper and if you cannot, following up with your LMS team is best.

If you need us to take a look, then with your permission, I'd like you to share your project file with our support engineers to investigate what's happening. You can share it privately by uploading it here. It will be deleted when troubleshooting is complete.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.