Retry Quiz button not working

Dec 27, 2013

I've published 3 PowerPoint presentations using Presenter 13 with Quizmaker 13 quiz (30 day trial) embedded and on 2 out of the 3, the Retry quiz button won't work.  Is this an issue with the trial version or will the full version have this issue as well.  All quiz settings seem to match on each of the three but only one of them works.

6 Replies
Christine Hendrickson

Hi there M. J. and welcome to E-Learning Heroes!

There are no functionality differences between the trial and a licensed version. The only difference between the two is the time limitation on the trial version - the 30 days :)

Does this happen when you preview the quiz(zes) or only after publishing?

Also, I just want to confirm - the "Retry" button is showing, but nothing happens when it's clicked. Is that right?

If you'd like, you're welcome to attach one of the quizzes that's having this trouble. Just use the paperclip icon in your response and attach the .QUIZ file.

Thanks and welcome again!

M. J. Banks

Yes, that's right.  The button is "dead".  If there is any way to manually program this button to perform an action I can't see it.  I'm checking the one that does work to see if I can find out the differences.  We've already purchased the full version, it just hasn't arrived yet. 

It happens in the preview mode and when in the file testing mode of the LMS.  Everything should work in there.  And on the file that works, it even works in the Preview mode.

Christine Hendrickson

Hi M.J.,

Thanks for the additional information!

No, there isn't a way to manually program it - that's built-in when it's enabled. It should take you directly to the beginning of the quiz when that button is clicked.

Just curious - what are the attempts set to for the quiz? 

Again, you're welcome to share one of the files here. I'd be happy to take a look.

Thanks!

Christine Hendrickson

Hi M.J.,

Glad to hear that it's working as a standalone quiz - that makes me wonder if it's a setting in Presenter itself. Can you check the quiz slides in PowerPoint and compare them to the ones that are working. Are there any differences?

If you'd like, you're welcome to create a Presenter Package and share it with me directly

Articulate Support - How to Create an Articulate Package

I'll be out of the office for the weekend, but if you want to send that in I'd be happy to look on Monday :)

Thanks and have a great weekend!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.