Why is Quizmaker reporting 100% success in a test as a fail?

Jan 06, 2014

I've made some tests using Quizmaker and created a custom Reports.html to act as a certificate.  If I get between 60% and 99% on the test, it reports correctly that I have passed the test, but if I get 100%, it says I have failed.  Any idea why that might be happening?  It is reporting correctly to the default report.html file, it is only my customised version that is having the problem.

3 Replies
Larry Hieb

Jay Commins said:

I've made some tests using Quizmaker and created a custom Reports.html to act as a certificate.  If I get between 60% and 99% on the test, it reports correctly that I have passed the test, but if I get 100%, it says I have failed.  Any idea why that might be happening?  It is reporting correctly to the default report.html file, it is only my customised version that is having the problem.

It would help if people would define what version of QM they are using, QM 09 or QM 13, or whatever...

Christine Hendrickson

Hi Jay and welcome to the community!

Thank you for the additional information and thanks for chiming in here, Larry..

Unfortunately, we can't officially support modified output files. It does sound like the default is working properly, though, which is good. Have you tried doing a step-by-step test of the certification .HTML file? I'm not sure if it would help, but it may - as you make each change to the file, test it out. If it breaks after a certain point, that may help narrow down what change is breaking it.

It may also help to share the project, if you can. I may not be able to help at this point, but maybe some of our community members can take a peek at what you have and provide some helpful input.

Good luck on the project and welcome again, Jay!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.