Cannot open my Replay 360 project

Jul 07, 2022

I got the problem to open the project that I have recorded from Replay 360. It went well during the record time and save it in my computer. The file can save successfully. Once I try to open the project for editing, I can't open it. There are the message popup says "This project is invalid or corrupt and cannot be opened. It may have been created in an earlier version of Replay. Then, I click "OK" button after that the 2nd message popup says that "This project cannot be opened. It's not a valid project file or it may have been created in a newer version of Replay". 

With these 2 messages, it makes me confuse because 1st message said that I might use the earlier version but at the same time the 2nd message said that I might use the newer version.

Please someone advise how to solve this problem.

Thank you in advance.

3 Replies
Jose Tansengco

Hi Kulnapa,

Sorry to hear about your Replay 360 project file. Looks like your project file became corrupted. Here's an article which explains how files become corrupted, as well as steps that you can take to avoid it from happening to your files. 

Regarding your current project file, there's a method that you can try to recover the videos in the project. Here's how you can extract the videos from a Replay 360 project file:

1) Download and install 7-Zip. It's a free extraction tool. https://www.7-zip.org

2) Right-click your Replay project file, scroll to 7-Zip, and choose Extract to <name of your project>.

3) A folder with the same name will be created in the same location as your project file. Open it to see the extracted contents. (You won't be able to decipher or use some items.)

4) Open the "replay" folder and then the "media" folder. Your videos are stored here. You might need to change the file format for each video from *.bin to *.mpeg.

Hope this helps!

Steven Benassi

Hi Stuart!

Sorry to hear you've also run into possible file corruption!

I see that you've opened a support case that's being handled by my teammate, Philam. Smart move! It looks like Philam replied to your e-mail sharing feedback and steps to take. I'd suggest giving those a shot to see if that does the trick!

We can continue the conversation through your case to keep all information in one spot.