Replay 360 capture size quality issues

Jan 25, 2023

Hello,

When using Replay 360 to capture webcam video, and capture size above 352 x 288 is jerky (like moving under a strobe light), and audio lags behind the video. This gets worse and worse the better the capture size. Of course, the lower capture sizes output video that is lower resolution and picture quality, which isn't helpful.

Why can't I use the higher capture sizes for better quality video?

I've tried changing the screen resolution on my displays, used two different web cameras, ensured the display size is set to 100%, etc. 

I'm using two monitors, and both are always set to the same resolution. The capture size window doesn't make a difference. 

8 Replies
Luciana Piazza

Hi Duane, 

Thanks so much for reaching out. Sorry to hear you're experiencing this. I understand how frustrating that can be. 

I've opened a support case on your behalf. One of our talented Support Engineers will be in touch in order to take a closer look at your file and setup. 

They will reach out shortly via email. Thank you for your patience!

Have a great afternoon! 

Jane Hadley

i have the same issues techsuport is blaming antivirus. i also have tried different cameras and mikes to try and fix. it is a replay bug when i record using other software such as SnagIt or even basic video no problem. I wish Articulate would acknowledge the bug instead of blaming the user. 360 is a very very expensive subscription particularly with such POOR slow support. In Australia we have consumer warranty laws but Articulate say they don't have to conform even though i pay in local currency. 

Jose Tansengco

Hi Jane, 

Sorry to hear about your experience with Replay 360. I'm not seeing any bug reports related to this issue, but I agree that the behavior needs to be looked at closer. We first suggest to do a repair of Replay 360 to see if this helps. We've seen cases before where doing a repair helped fix unexpected behavior with Articulate 360 applications. 

If the issue persists, open a support case with our team here so we can continue troubleshooting the behavior with you. 

Training Consultant

I'm looking for some tutorials on setting up my screen capture better. The few Replay captures I've done come out really blurry. I've tried resizing the amount of screen that I'm capturing. It seems like the recording is catching a different area than the box I set up. Could you point me in the direction of a tutorial? I've tried different aspect ratios, but haven't identified the problem yet. 

Training Consultant

I'm looking for some tutorials on setting up my screen capture better. The few Replay captures I've done come out really blurry. I've tried resizing the amount of screen that I'm capturing. It seems like the recording is catching a different area than the box I set up. Could you point me in the direction of a tutorial? I've tried different aspect ratios but haven't identified the problem yet.

John Morgan

Hi Training Consultant,

I'm sorry you are having an issue with blurry screen recordings! Here is our user's guide on recording your screen and an article with tips on using the screen recorder.

If you are still having the issue after troubleshooting, you could open a support case. We would love to help out!