Soft cross-fade feature not working in Replay 360

Nov 01, 2023

For example, when I drag clip 2 into clip 1 (from left to right) I am not getting the diagonal line indicating the transition is a soft-cross-fade.  I only get the straight/vertical line indicating a hard-cut transition. I've watched tutorials multiple times and it looks like it should be a simple drag and drop mouse function. What am I not doing right? Please help. 

4 Replies
Steven Benassi

Hi Mary Jo!

Sorry to hear that the fade transition in Replay 360 is giving you trouble!

I can confirm that the feature should function with a simple click and drag as Ron shared in this recording.

I'd be happy to investigate this behavior for you! Would you mind sharing the .replay file here in the discussion or privately through a support case?

Kip Lee

Hi Steven and Mary Jo,

I have been having the same problem lately with Fade Transitions. Along with other issues: Replay 360 has not been working correctly. As I was editing one video that was divided into 4 clips, I could easily insert an image then drag one clip over to it to create a fade transition. Then suddenly, in the same file, that move stopped working. Also, in that same file, I would cut one piece of a clip, and then play the shortened clip to make sure the cut didn't cause an awkward jump in the video, and the video played with none of the "cut" video cut out! Even though the "A" track was shorter. BUT, the END of that clip had been cut, even though I hadn't cut that part! I selected "undo" and tried again. The same thing happened. Then I split the clip into three parts, and deleted the middle section, and then brought the two remaining end pieces together, and then played the clip, and it worked as expected. VERY STRANGE!

Have you heard from anyone else about bugs like this in Replay?

@StevenBenassi I would like to share my Replay file privately.

Kip

Kip Lee

Hi Jose, thanks for your suggestion. I may try that. I did create a case
with the Articulate support team, and recorded and sent a screencast of the
problem. I'm waiting for their response.

Kip
C. Kip Lee | Capacity Development Advisor
Pronouns: she, her
JSI
2733 Crystal Drive, Suite 400, Arlington, VA 22202 | 703.528.7474
www.jsi.com

[image: JSI]
*Better health outcomes. For all.*