Unable to Resolve Storyline Issue in Articulate 360

Dec 05, 2018

I have a simple Storyline course that contains several scenes. Each scene contains one slide. Those slides are holders for a full-screen MP4 video.   

The course plays in Articulate Review:

From the Menu slide in my course, each of the videos are easily accessed. They play flawlessly---EXCEPT the video in my third scene!!! It's constructed exactly the same (in Camtasia), and is approx. the same size as the other videos.  However, at exactly the 1:52 mark (of the 5:37 video), the video just plain stops.  I have republished the video several times in Camtasia.  I have uploaded the video into different scenes.  I have republished the course to different versions and uploaded a new version. It ALWAYS stops at exactly 1:52!  (Nothing complex or interesting happens at that mark. It just freezes.  I have tried every different type of rebuild permutation I can think of.  Any ideas how to get this fixed?

1 Reply
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Curt, 

Have you tested this same Storyline course outside of Review to see if that's where the hang up is? Narrowing that down a bit will be key to figuring out what's going on and how to fix it. Some ideas to help:

• Can you publish the course to upload anywhere else? Amazon S3Tempshare would be good for web publishing and SCORM Cloud would work for LMS.
  • Does it matter what order the videos are played in? 
  • Does the video play normally outside of Storyline? 
  • What browsers are you viewing the course in? 
  • Have you tried reloading the page at the point of freezing? Does that change anything?

If you're able to share a link to the course in Review, a copy of the .story file or the video I'm also happy to test it out! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.