360 degree image renders fully zoomed in and can't zoom out

Dec 17, 2023

Hi there again happy Sunday to you,

Here's another thing I'm not understanding

I'm pulling images from Adobe stock and have panoramic selected

I select my image, download, then edit down the image size since it's huge to what I understand is the player view size 4096 x 2048

This throw's a 2:1 ratio error upon adding the image to storyline.

I ignore it because 4096 x 2048 is a 2:1 ratio image size

Perhaps this is where I'm breaking something? 

Should I resize the image to be a little smaller than the player size?  That wouldn't make any sense.  

Any ideas?

see attached

Thanks again

6 Replies
Bill Gates

Hi Tom,

Here's what I've got

cafe-1-edit is 4096 x 2048 which is a 2:1 ratio.  This throws a warning error on image size when adding the 360 image.  This I understand to be the player size so I figured my 360 image can't be bigger than the player's viewport.  Image is in full zoom

cafe-1-origional-size is 7168 x 2688 which is not 2:1 and throws the same error.  Same problem where image is fully zoomed in.

your-test-file is 6928 x 3464 which also is a 2:1 ratio.  Adding the image throws no warning error like my images.  Image appears in normal zoom.

These are panoramic images from adobe stock.  Am I using the wrong images?  Why do my 2:1 images throw an error while yours does not?

Thanks

Bill Gates

Thanks Tom!

Downloaded a few and back to work.

In the future all i need do is put 360 degree in search and there are all the 360 images on adobe stock?  

I ask because one I didn't check but downloaded and it wasn't a 2:1 image.

I can't find which image because I already deleted it since it was the wrong size.  Now forget if it didn't include 360 in the title.  Not sure why then it was a search result.

If I venture over to shutterstock or other places just do the same thing - type 360 degree in search and that's it?

I still can't tell by looking at an image if it's a 360 degree image.  I took one of my images from earlier and tried to make it the same size as the 360 degree image you posted and it didn't turn out 360

So how can you tell when an image is 360?