360 Panorama / keyboard access progress bug.

Mar 21, 2023

Hi,

I wonder if anybody can help? 

I am using a 360 image with markers and free navigation.  I'm also showing the progress indicator. 

Using the keyboard (tab key) to jump between these markers works fine as does further keyboard control such as WASD / ARROWS / ESC keys.

However a problem occurs when:

• the total number of markers is reached, e.g. 5 out of 5, followed by
  • using the keyboard to navigate to a new slide (next button / further interaction, followed by
  • using the keyboard to navigate back to the previous slide to revisit the 360 image

This process 'sometimes' locks the focus rectangle to the entire slide and refuses to move unless the mouse is used. Keys are ineffective and the user is effectively stuck.

Setting the 360 slide to "reset initial state" fixes this problem, but in doing so undermines the idea of having a "saved state" and prevents revisiting interactions associated with markers within the 360 image. It also prevents a user from progressing backwards through any slides that precede the 360 slide.

The e-learning becomes inaccessible to keyboard users.

Thank you.

1 Reply
Jose Tansengco

Hi Chris,

Thanks for reaching out!

You can check out this article on how you can add accessibility to your 360° images:

As for the keyboard behavior you're experiencing, have you tried pressing the ESC (Escape) key to deselect interactive content? If this doesn't help, would you mind sending us a copy of your project file here or through a support case and a recording of the behavior so we can take a closer look at what's happening? We'll delete your files afterwards.