Accessibility in Articulate 360

Dec 14, 2018

Hi Folks,

I need to create a course in articulate 360 which is 508 compliant. I'm building up my course accordingly. However, when I click enter key from keyboard for NEXT button for accessibility, it reads out the next screen title, also the screen audio plays simultaneously. Is there any way to avoid this audio overlapping issue?

Regards,

Sayali S.

3 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Sayali,

It sounds like your course is reading the slide title as expected and also playing the added slide audio at the same time? What screen reader are you using while navigating the course?  Storyline 360 and Studio 360 courses work with JAWS 16 and later. You can review this article for supported browsers.

Crystal Horn

Hello, Sayali.  Thanks for confirming.  You may want to try moving the audio down the timeline a second or so, and also pausing the timeline of the slide so the audio doesn't automatically play.  You can use a button or some other user-initiated action to resume the timeline.

Automatically playing audio can be challenging for people using screen readers.  Let us know if that workaround would work for you!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.