5 Replies
Susi B

Hi Lynn,

if you got Storyline 3 or Articulate 360 you have no problem, because these support html5 only/html5 first with flash fallback BUT as far as I know SL1 and SL2 will not be supported with this publishing options. :( And sadly I don´t think Articulate will implement this option into the older versions of Storyline. But would be nice tho if they did.

Susi

Julie Stout-Matthews

I was told there was a glitch in SL360 and to use Flash/HTML5 to fix the issue. Therefore, all of our courses (over 100 of them) are set up this way.  1. was the glitch fixed? 2. will republishing to HTML5 work for all courses and browsers or??

Here is the article I read about the forthcoming change: http://associationsnow.com/2017/07/adobe-flash-lessons-sunsetting-industry-standard/?utm_source=AN%2BDaily%2BNews&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20170801%2BTuesday

Any advice would be much appreciated as we need to know if we're going to have to start converting all of our courses. 

Julie Stout-Matthews

Here is the case from 3/3/2017 in reference to the HTML5 issue.

Reply to Articulate 360 file set as complete/incomplete is logging in LMS as passed/failed
Alyssa Gomez replied:

Hi Michele, 

I popped in to Julie's case and saw that this is actually an issue with Storyline 360, and we have filed a bug report. It looks like Storyline 360 content is sending Success status to the LMS when the following conditions are met:

Reporting is set to "Complete/Incomplete"
Tracking is set to "Track number of slides viewed"
Content is viewed with HTML5
Based on our investigation, the issue only affects the HTML5 version of Storyline 360's published content. As a workaround, you can opt to enable the option "Flash with HTML5 fallback" in Storyline 360 and deploy the Flash version of your content. 

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Julie,

Yes, that issue is still with our QA team and we'll keep folks post in that other discussion and I've now linked this one as well. So we'll find ya in both. 🙂 

The end of Flash support from Adobe is a few years off, but we know it's of utmost concern for a lot of our users. 

That's one of the reasons we shifted to the subscription model with Articulate 360. Now fixes, updates and new features are released on a regular, more frequent schedule.

We've invested heavily in HTML5 and you'll find that Storyline 3 and Articulate 360 have the HTML5 first or HTML5 only publishing options. You can read a bit more about our shift towards HTML5 here. 

Three years is still a ways away, and a lot can happen in that time! Don't worry, we'll keep you all posted with more information, updates and any specifics related to Articulate and HTML5 as they become available. 

I hope that answers your questions. If not, let me know! :)

Leslie McKerchie

Hey Julie :)

Great news! We just released another update for Articulate 360, and included a few important fixes and new features that you'll see in the release notes here

The Storyline 360 item you'll be interested in is how:

HTML5 courses tracked by the number of slides viewed with a Completed reporting status would incorrectly send a Passed status to the LMS.

Just launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button for each application. Details here.

Please let us know if you have any questions, either right here or by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.