Allow users to skip questions and only review those questions is Storyline 360

Dec 18, 2018

So, I have a timed 100 question exam that is separated into different banks where there are around 150 questions to draw from in Storyline 360. We don't want the user to go back through and review all of their questions, but we would like to add an option where if they click a button that says "skip" then, it changes to a different question or it adds the question that they skipped to the end. Possibly even add a limit of the amount of questions that they can skip. 

I was reading some articles on "Submitting all of the questions at the end" and I figure I would have to use this without adding in the previous button to get the results I am wanting. 

So, has anyone done this with certain variables or know of a way to add this?

3 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Kylee! Welcome to the community! By the way, I had a good chuckle at your profile picture. 😁

Can you tell me a little more about what you have in mind? It sounds like your learners will see 100 questions in the exam, and they are allowed to skip questions if they want to. 

Before the learner submits the questions for a score, you want to give them a way to easily go back to the questions they skipped without seeing all 100 questions again, is that right?

If you can give me a little more insight into your idea, we can try and point you in the right direction!

Kylee Barnard

Thanks! I thought that the picture was fitting. lol

But, yes. I want to give the option to review the questions that they skipped without reviewing all 100 questions. Right now, I don't have it set-up where they can skip questions, but the SME's want it that way so that they don't get hung up on 1 question since it is a timed certification exam. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.