Animation?

Nov 20, 2020

I'm wondering if you wanted to integrate custom animation into storyline, how would it be done?  I suppose you may have to use a different app then upload.

I have an idea to create a Math game. Something simple where I can confirm if a learner understands a concept.  For example, comparing fractions.  They choose the largest fraction out of choices and then if they are correct there is animation, and conversely if they're wrong there is also animation.  Actually, I think I already know how to set this up based on what I've learned so far.

I'd like to design something more interactive though.  I have an idea with decimals and using tape measure, where the learner has to distinguish the correct places and measure an object to the 16th. 

Maybe you can suggest how I can get started and if there are additional apps I may need.  Thanks again!!

2 Replies
Pierre Sosa

This is a pretty high level question.

I've done a lot of animation in After Effects and Blender, and have created a lot of math-based stories. What I'm trying to understand is how you intend to use the 'tape measure", Is this an object that you want to drag into place? Creating a drag-and-drop with the drop item being an illustration of a ruler could work.

Regarding decimals, I could imagine a pretty fun interactivity where you use the slider with the circle button as the decimal, and move the "decimal" into the right place.

Regardless, you'll need to be pretty clear about your objectives if you are going to make something that animates. What is the 'motion' you want to see, and why does it have to move that way?

John Devoe

Thanks Pierre!

I'm just getting started with Storyline and am trying to get a  Portfolio together.  I was a Math teacher for a long time and would like to integrate my experience into  the Portfolio.

I was thinking of something like you mentioned regarding Decimals - a slider.  But I'm not sure where to start.  Maybe I can use Storyline for that since it will be similar to  a drag and drop interaction.  I just need to figure out the functionality and how to create the object.

For the Tape Measure, maybe a drag and drop interaction would also work, where I can have an object and a section of the measuring tape underneath it, then the Learner would have to drag a cursor or arrow to measure out the Length, then read the measurement.

To create the measuring tool and the functionality is the challenge!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.