Animation

Dec 16, 2013

Good afternoon people

I'm a new user of articulate storyline and am using it to create a university project. I was wondering if there is a way in which you can have an object on the screen, and then using a mouse event (hover over or clicked on) the object can then fly out of the screen. is this possible?

would appreciate all suggestions

Thank you

Zeeshan

7 Replies
Daniel Brigham

Seems to me this would be a bit tricky. I'm not sure if this would totally achieve what you are looking for, but you might duplicate the object that will fly out on a layer, and have the object "fly out" when the layer opens. Then you might create a true/false variable that sets the object that flew out to a state of hidden. Again, this might work technically, but I've got a feeling it might not be as clean as what you are envisioning. --Daniel

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Zeeshan and welcome to Heroes!

The built in animations of Storyline are associated with the timeline, so they'll be applied to the entrance/exit of the object on the timeline and don't have triggers associated with them. I did a quick test as Daniel described, and I couldn't get it to work as he described. 

Zeeshan Mahay

Thank you Daniel and Ashley for the information. Yes I've played around with the timeline animation, just thought if there was a way in which what I asked was possible, could add some silly interactive animations, as I have a class room scene set up, maybe by clicking on paper ball it flys at the screen. 

Thank you for the help. I really appreciate it =) 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.