Articulate 3/360 - Text Entry recalling past text entries

Dec 18, 2020

Good Evening and Happy Holidays all,

I'm encountering an issues when uploading a HTML5 packaged file to a SCORM based website, wherein past textentries within a textentry slide are being remembered, or it is simply displayed the answer within a drop-down list.

This issue only presents itself when viewing the course via a web browser (using Google Chrome) and not when previewing the course within Storyline itself (both in 3 and 360).

I've checked all my triggers and they seem correct, I've recreated any I thought may be causing an issue and the slide itself is set to "Initial State" but the problem doesn't rectify itself.

Has anyone encountered this issue before and could problem a solution of a work around that I can use?

I've attached images of the issue and relevant materials to the discussion, apologies that I can't share the file but its for a client.

Apologies if this has been posted before, I searched through the site but couldn't find a discussion that answered my issue.

Thank you in advance for your help heroes! If I somehow figure out a solution for this myself, I'll post an update with the answer!

Take care all,

-Liam

2 Replies
Liam Robinson

Happy New Year Lauren,

Thank you for your reply, which helped us figure out the issue we were having. 

After speaking to the in-house tech team, we seemed to have figured out the issue.

When viewing the course in Google Chrome it kept the previous textEntry information even after the cache had been cleared, and we were signed out of our Google Accounts. However the isue did not exist in Mozilla Firefox.

We were able to then find the following Javascript from user 'Matthew Bibby' in a previous post on e-Learning Heroes that seems to have fixed the issue.

var els = document.getElementsByTagName('input');
for (var i=0; i < els.length; i++) {
els[i].setAttribute("autocomplete", "off");
}

Found in the following post: https://community.articulate.com/discussions/articulate-storyline/auto-complete-appearing-in-text-entry-boxes 

Thank you again for your help Lauren! :)

- Liam