Articulate 360 - Course shows as "In Progress" in LMS after the user completes the course

Apr 16, 2019

I am using Articulate 360 and publishing the course in our Cornerstone LMS (Scorm 1.2 ). I have tried adding slide triggers to the quiz results slide, and the exit slide, for "complete the course when the user hits the exit button", and to "complete course when user completes the quiz" which did not work.  I also tried adding a variable to show that the user passed the course if the score was greater than 70 (which the scores were), and that also did not work. I never had this problem using Storyline 2 (I dearly wish I kept Storyline 2; 360 is a nightmare).  Any input on how I can get the course to show up as "completed" in my LMS after the user completed the course would be greatly appreciated. Thanks 

2 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi there, Brenda. It sounds like it's been a struggle to get your course to register as complete in Cornerstone. A course will communicate completion when one of 3 things happens:

• the learner has viewed the required number of slides
  • the learner visits the results slide
  • the learner fires the course completion trigger

When you publish for LMS, what are your reporting and tracking options? You might have tried a few during troubleshooting, but let me know ideally by which option you'd like to track your course!

Melanie Sobie

Hi Brenda - I also use Cornerstone as our LMS and don't normally run into issues getting a course to mark complete when publishing as Scorm 1.2. I have found that it is best to always select "Complete/Incomplete" and not other completion statuses like "Passed/Failed".  Have you tested your course in Scorm Cloud to see if it works there?  

Also, if the user fails the quiz and exits the course, it will show "In-progress", when tracking the course completion by quiz completion. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.