Articulate 360 Courses in Uncanny Owl xAPI/Tin Can - Leave Action

Dec 28, 2021

I recently published a course for a client of mine who is using Uncanny Owl with Wordpress. After every slide, the course is sending the Tincan verb "leave" not just "experienced." We are concerned this is causing extra load on the system, and none of the previous courses we published caused this. I'm wondering what the source could be. I am also wondering if this has caused us some issues in the past and we didn't realize it on other platforms like ScormCloud dispatches where it showed the learner had logged out and back in over and over instead of just showing the overall time they were on the course. We are publishing the course as Scorm 1.2 pass/fail, with tracking on the last slide results for completion. Any guidance is appreciated.

3 Replies
Lauren Connelly

Hello Brian!

I'm not familiar with Uncanny Owl in WordPress. If the reporting is working as expected in SCORM cloud, then it sounds specific to the environment your client is using. A quick Google search shows Uncanny Owl is a LearnDash product. I'd recommend connecting with LearnDash to see if they've noticed similar reporting.

I hope other community members will chime into this discussion if they're using a similar environment.

Brian Hunt

We reached out to them and they said the "leave" verb was sent by the course. We had problems in ScormCloud dispatches with the LMS saying learners had exited and came back multiple times throughout the course when they had not. This created multiple instances, instead of just one, which affected how we were billed.