Articulate 360 Issue

Dec 07, 2016

I have just downloaded a trial of Articulate 360. All of my existing courses were created in Storyline 2 and stored on our share point site.

I have tried to download the files from sharepoint today but it won't let me do it unless I open them in Articulate 360.

As I am only trialing this I don't want to upgrade my files just yet. When I download a file instead of the story file appearing I get a zipped file similar to the one created when you publish a course. There is no story file.

I have been able to open the files on another machine that has not been upgraded, so at least I know the files are still ok.

I've also set the default program to open my files to Storyline 2, but this doesn't work either.

Any help would really be appreciated.

6 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Trevor, 

They'll often default to opening within the newest version of a program on your system (in this case Storyline 360) but when you open a course previously created in SL1 or 2, we'll also create a back up copy so that you can always go back to the work you had done previously since files edited in Storyline 360 aren't backwards compatible. 

As for the zipped file, I've seen users share the same thing when downloading files here in ELH, and often they just need to do a "Save as" to change the file type. It's an odd browser set up - so perhaps that's happening when you download your files from your sharepoint site? 

Trevor Young

Hi Ashley, Thanks for the reply.

I have tried again this morning and this time I used "Save as", but once again it only lets me download a compressed zip. This zip doesn't appear to contain a story file.

I'll have to check this with my IT department as this has always worked with SL1 and 2.

Really liking the look of 360 by the way, just being cautious as once I take the leap then I need to get a number of my external partners to do so as well.

Trevor Young

Hi Ashley, just to update you, it appears since loading storyline 360, all my storyline 2 files on share point are now associated as zip files instead of .story files. So it doesn't matter how I download them it always creates a zip.

This is causing me real problems as I can't actually access my story files.

This is becoming a real issue now.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Trevor,

Thanks for coming back around to share this. I'm not familiar at all with Sharepoint as a file hosting platform for either published or pre-published files, but I don't imagine that Storyline and Articulate 360 as a whole would have done something to the way Sharepoint would be hosting files. I could be wrong in that assumption, but it seems a bit odd to me to begin with. 

What I'd like to do is have you work directly with our Support Engineers. They'll be able to pull a bit more information from you about the system, installation, etc. Please let me know the case number once you get started with them so that I can follow along as well.

Trevor Young

Hi Ashley,

My IT department have found a solution today, so I thought I would share this with you.

When the file is listed in share point there's a drop down to the right hand side. From this drop down you need to select "Send To" and then "Download a copy". This then downloads the .story file rather than the compressed zip.

I've tested this this morning on a small and large file and it appears to work fine.

Thanks for getting back to me, hopefully this information may help others who use share point.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.