Articulate 360--publishing with video in course--video clarity

Oct 02, 2019

Hey all-- I am using Articulate 360 in a short course with an embedded video. The video is about 4 minutes long, mp4 format. I have experimented exporting it with several dimensions/size settings. When publishing, I am using video output so the file just plays through, no clicking next or anything. I can't seem to get the video to look clear...  always a little blurry. When played outside the course, with Windows Media Player or other programs, it's crispy clear. Just blurry after publishing in 360. I've also tried several publishing options from the size dropdown. Any ideas how to get the video to show as clear as it does when viewing outside the course?

Thanks for your help!

Chuck 

7 Replies
Lauren Connelly

Hi Chuck!

It sounds like you've already started troubleshooting!

In Publish, what are the Format and Quality set to? You'll see this under the Properties heading.

Also, I'm happy to take a look at the file if that's easiest! You can do so by using the "add attachment" button in this discussion. Or you can share the file privately with our Support Engineers by using this link.

Chuck DuSablon

Hi Lauren--Thank you, that would be great... attaching the .story file, the video is in there. I've been keeping format and quality settings at 1080p (1920x1080) and Quality Very High, but have been trying different combos. This particular version of the video is exported at 1024x576 Wide and Frame Rate 25 (not sure what frame rate does, I just leave it at this default when exporting). I can export to any other resolution or format.
Chuck

Katie Riggio

Hello there, Chuck. Thanks for sharing your file for a closer look, and brilliant course!

I published the course to Video with the highest Quality property using Storyline 360, Update 32, where I see the behavior you're describing. I'm so sorry about this!

We have an open issue where a published .MP4 video file may appear blurry when publishing to Video. I'm going to share this experience in the report, so we can keep you posted here with any new information.

In the meantime, I'd like to have our Support Engineers check out your course to see if we can recommend any tailored approaches. You should receive a follow-up email soon!

Maria Costa-Stienstra

Hi, Wendy, and welcome to E-Learning Heroes! ✨

Thank you for opening a case with our support engineers. I see that you're working with my teammate John Carlo who's helping you troubleshoot this specific issue.

Please reach out to John Carlo through the case if you have additional questions. 

Carmen Sublasky

I would also like to know if there is a resolution for this? Seems like this has been going on for years. Will there be a projection for a resolution to this issue? I too have videos that I need to be clear and crisp as they are software trainings but they come out blurry. I have also tried the different output settings and making sure the slide size dimensions match the video, but anytime I import a video to go into a multi-slide Storyline file, and publish as a video, I get blurry results. 

Lauren Connelly

Hello Carmen!

I understand that you're running into an issue where software trainings are blurry. Are you finding this blurriness only happens when publishing to Video or does it also occur when publishing to Review 360, LMS, or Web? 

I'd like our Support Engineers to work with you directly so that we can determine what is getting in the way. You can reach their team by submitting a support case. It would be helpful if you can attach your .story file as well.