Articulate 360 Trial running out

Nov 29, 2016

Hi,

With so much excitement with the new release, I went in to the Articulate 360 free trial to test it out for my team. I started using it for a real project so I could also test out Review and it's not bad. From our initial discussions, we were more or less likely to go for it for the whole team. However, we found out that Storyline 3 was going to be released next year and at the end of the day it seems like it will be a better option for us than subscribing to 360 as the other tools are nice to have but we really only need Storyline. So my issue now is, when my trial ends and we ultimately decide not to subscribe to 360, I will just be locked out of the courses I made with my Storyline 360 trial? Of course, I should have known this is a risk when I used it to work on real projects but hoping there is some miraculous way this can still be solved. In my mind, with all the hype, I must have thought I'd have nothing to lose by using a free trial. Please let me know if there's anything I can do to be able to work with these courses after my trial, using Storyline 2 or whatever. Thanks!

4 Replies
Ell Jana

Thanks for the quick response! I'll reach out to them then. That would really help if the trial could be extended at least for the duration of the project.

My next question is would my Storyline 360 files will be compatible with Storyline 3 when we purchase it in the future? What if we subscribe then cancel and purchase Storyline 3 later? Would we completely lose access to all the courses we worked on during the time we had 360?

Our team's decision to upgrade may rely on this. We might have the budget to subscribe now but what if they cut our budget next year and we have let go of the subscription? We can't afford to lose access to the courses we'll be creating with it as we tend to continually go back and update them. Hope you could provide info on this as well. Thanks again!

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Ell, 

In general, we'd like to avoid breaking changes between Storyline 360 and the next perpetual version of Storyline, but it happens.  Like, if we introduce a new dial style in version X, you'll need to use at least version X to edit and publish that dial style. So, if you're still on version W, you might see a message like, "this project includes a dial style that requires version X. Please upgrade to version X."  Our plan is to try and limit this though and keep it isolated to projects actually using new features.

I hope that helps clarify it somewhat, and it's still a bit of a moving target based on the timeline and features included in the next perpetual version, but we'll continue to share information as it's available. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.