E-learning developers, you’ll be happy to know that a subscription to Articulate 360 includes everything you need for course development. If you’re interested in taking it for a test drive, there’s good news: Articulate 360 gives you a 60-day free trial. What can you accomplish in 60 days? A whole lot! Here are a few tips to help you make the most of your trial.
Take a Quick Tour
There’s a lot to love in Articulate 360. Start by watching the high-level video overview of Articulate 360 on the overview page of our website. Then, scroll through the rest of the page to understand more about all the apps and resources included in your subscription.
Schedule Time to Dig In
We’ve all been there: we start a free trial with every intention of diving in and exploring all the features, yet when we finally launch the program, we only have a day left in our trial. To avoid this scenario, it’s a good idea to check your schedule before you begin the free trial. Make sure you’ve got some time over the next 60 days to use and explore Articulate 360. Schedule in a few blocks of time dedicated specifically to exploring and working on a project so you can get a good feel for the tools.
Make a Game Plan
It’s a good idea to come up with a plan for how you’re going to test the apps and resources. This way you are sure to make the best use of your time with the software. Here are a couple of tips:
- Use a real project. Instead of just clicking around here and there in the tools, use the time to create a real project that you need to get done. Got an e-learning module you need to create? Dive into Storyline 360 or Rise 360 and make it happen. Got some content you need to have reviewed? Use Review 360 to get feedback from your actual stakeholders. Need to create some short video tutorials? Check out Peek 360 and Replay 360. Creating real projects will give you a better sense for how the tools will work for your needs and integrate into your workflow.
- Set concrete goals. Create a simple plan with a timeline and goals that you’d like to reach. For example, you and your team might plan to spend 15 minutes with each app in Articulate 360 over the first week. Then, over the following week, plan to create your first Rise 360 lesson. Setting small, achievable goals will help you stay on track.
After You’ve Signed Up
Articulate is known for providing friendly and helpful support, and there are tons of resources that you can take advantage of to get to know the tools better during your trial and beyond.
- Articulate 360 Teams Trial. All of the apps and resources in Articulate 360 work together to streamline the workflow of busy training teams. So what better way to take Articulate 360 for a spin than to invite your team along for the ride?
Here’s how a team trial works: once you’ve activated your trial, identify up to 10 additional users to join your team during the trial period and send them an invite. That’s it! Now you and your team can put all sorts of exclusive collaboration features to the test!
In Rise 360, you and your team members can build Rise 360 courses at the same time. To see how your courses come together even faster in Rise 360, don’t forget to try sharing block templates with your team. Also, watch how you can easily maintain control over your courses when team members change by transferring content ownership in Rise 360.
And in Storyline 360, you and your team should also take advantage of the huge time savings of shared team slides—a shared library of slides or templates that give your teammates access to reusable content.
- Articulate 360 Tutorials. The Articulate 360 Product Hub not only has great tutorials for each tool included in your subscription, but also features helpful articles, downloads, community discussions, and more.
- Training Webinars. Included in your Articulate 360 subscription is access to Articulate 360 Training webinars, like this Overview of Articulate 360 session that you can join in as part of your trial.
- E-Learning Heroes Community. If you’re reading this article, you’re already in the right spot! E-Learning Heroes is the best and biggest e-learning community on the web. If you hit a snag or just have some newbie questions, it’s a helpful place to get the answers you’re looking for. And while you’re exploring the community, don’t miss our product forums, free downloads, inspiring examples, tutorials, and more.
Follow these helpful tips and tricks to make sure your experience with the Articulate 360 free trial is as productive as possible. Need a helping hand convincing your boss to buy a subscription to Articulate 360? Check out the tips in these handy articles:
Have any other suggestions for making the most of your trial experience? Please let me know in the comments below!
Ready to give Articulate 360 a try? Start a free 60-day trial, and come back to E-Learning Heroes regularly for more helpful advice on everything related to e-learning. If you have any questions, please share them in the comments.