E-learning developers, you’ll be happy to know that a subscription to Articulate 360 includes everything you need for course development. If you’re interested in taking it for a test drive, there’s good news: Articulate 360 has a 60-day free trial so you can try out everything that’s included, no strings attached.
What can you accomplish in 60 days? A whole lot! But before you go ahead and sign up for the trial, here are a few tips you should consider to make the most of it.
Take a Quick Tour
There’s a lot to love in Articulate 360. In order to get a sense of everything you’ll have access to the moment you get started, first take a look at this high-level video overview of Articulate 360. Then, head over to this page on our website to understand everything included in your subscription.
Schedule Time to Dig in
We’ve all been there before: we start a free trial with every intention of diving in and exploring all the features, yet when we finally launch the program for the first time, we only have a day left in our trial. To avoid this scenario, it’s a good idea to check your schedule before you begin the free trial. Make sure you’ve got some time over the next 60 days to use and explore Articulate 360. Schedule in a few blocks of time dedicated specifically to exploring and working on a project so you can get a good feel for the tools.
Make a Game Plan
It’s a good idea to come up with a plan for how you’re going to test out the apps and resources. This way you are sure to make the best use of your time with the software. Here are a couple of tips:
- Use a real project. Instead of just clicking around here and there in the tools, use the time to create a real project that you need to get done. Got an e-learning module you need to create? Dive into Storyline 360 or Rise and make it happen. Got some content you need to have reviewed? Use Articulate Review to get feedback from your actual stakeholders. Need to create some short video tutorials? Check out Peek and Replay 360. Creating real projects will give you a better sense for how the tools will work for your needs and integrate into your workflow.
- Set concrete goals. Create a simple plan with a timeline and goals that you’d like to reach. For example, you might plan to spend 15 minutes with each app in Articulate 360 over the first week. Then, plan to create five short videos, or one short but highly interactive e-learning module, over the next week. Setting goals will help you stay on track to accomplish everything you set out to.
Use the Resources
Articulate is known for our friendly and helpful support, and there are tons of resources that you can take advantage of to get to know the tools better during your trial and beyond.
- Articulate 360 Tutorials. The Articulate 360 Product Hub not only has great tutorials for each tool included in your subscription, but also features helpful articles, downloads, community discussions, and more.
- Live Webinars. Included in your Articulate 360 subscription is access to Articulate Live webinars, including this Overview of Articulate 360 session that you can join in as part of your trial.
- E-Learning Heroes Community. Articulate is home to the best and biggest e-learning community on the web, E-Learning Heroes. If you run into any difficulties or have any questions, this is the place to get the answers you’re looking for. In addition to product forums, there are free downloads, articles, tutorials, and more.
Follow these helpful tips and tricks to make sure your experience with the Articulate 360 free trial is as productive as possible. Got any other tips for making the most of your trial experience? Please let me know in the comments below!
Ready to give Articulate 360 a try? Start a free 60-day trial, and come back to E-Learning Heroes regularly for more helpful advice on everything related to e-learning. If you have any questions, please share them in the comments.