Articulate Mobile Player not working

Apr 16, 2018

I've built a number of courses which need to be launched on the mobile player but the problem i'm having is that they are not launching the app when you open the browser. 

This is happening on i0s and android. I've also tried launching on various browsers.

I've published this on my own web link and using a tempshare one.

Anyone any ideas as to why this might not be working?

Settings

14 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Howie,

Are you trying to access this on tablets or phones? The iPhone won't allow for the AMP and on Android devices, it should work, but it's optimized for tablets. 

On your devices where you're trying to access the course, do you already have the AMP installed? If you want to share one of your links here, I'm happy to give it a test as well! 

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

I'm happy to hear that, Howie - but that's what Storyline should be doing automatically! The story.html file will point to the correct output based on the device you're using and what it supports - so if you're on an iPad with the AMP it should go there.

I'd still love to take a look at your project and see if I can spot anything unusual. Can you share a copy of your .story file here with us? 

Leslie McKerchie

Hello Angel and welcome to E-Learning Heroes :)

Is your content published for Tin Can API (xAPI)? 

Tracking SCORM and AICC content in the Articulate Mobile Player app isn't supported. If you need to track SCORM or AICC content, we recommend that you don't include the Articulate Mobile Player option when publishing, or encourage your LMS provider to support Tin Can API (xAPI).

Check out this article for recommendations on distributing your courses.

Vincent Scoma

Hi Randall,

Thank you for reaching out and letting us know!

May I ask what device you are using to launch the course? The reason I ask is that iPhones won't launch AMP. While there might be a prompt on Android devices, AMP is primarily designed for tablets/iPads. 

If you can share a link with us for troubleshooting, we are more than happy to help! 

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Randall,

Thanks for the additional information.

I was able to create a sample file and recreate the behavior you are reporting when viewing on my iPad. We do have an open issue we are investigating specific to the Articulate Mobile Player and iPadOS 13+. My testing was with iPadOS 13.3.1.

Are you using iPadOS version 13 or higher as well?

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.