Articulate Storyline 360 and MS Forms (web object)

Mar 27, 2024

I am looking for direction in resolving this issue with MS Forms not allowing access to learners who are remoted in.  The onsite learners can complete their evaluation on MS Forms.  The learners who are offsite and use remote access to a workstation are denied access.  The page actually flickers open and closes quickly.  If it is a firewall issue, what alternative would you suggest?  We do not have an LMS and the files sit on a web server. The final evaluation must be recorded. 

For those that are familiar with MS Forms, the settings are: Show results automatically, Only people (in this organization) can respond, Record Name, and One response per person.  In Storyline, the web object loads automatically and scales with slide.   Any leads are appreciated.

5 Replies
Doris Chwist

I suspect you are right.  I have been sending them the URL through chat or email.  They can successfully enter their credentials and do the evaluation.  Otherwise, the learner is looking at a "big gray box".  I am expecting a screen capture from one of the participants.  It may have more detail. 

Doris Chwist

Hello Sam,  The screen capture from the learner with the big gray box was lost but another learner wrote "I was on the final quiz when my computer screen went blank and stated no signal. I lost all my progress. " Would you agree that the MS authentication is failing when trying to work within Storyline?  If so, how can this be resolved? 

Doris Chwist

I have about 100 participants, some onsite, some offsite and only a few will send me an email reporting the issue.  Until yesterday, it seemed like only off site - remote login user were affected.  The onsite user is seasoned and quite reliable.  I myself cannot replicate the issue but I use a VPN connection and a company issued laptop.