Articulate Storyline shows a title error in Chinese lang. title

I cannot successfully pucblish my course to my Articulate Online site because I continue to get an error saying the title must start with a number  or letter and not contain certain symbols.  My course title for this one is in Traditional Chinese characters for a Chinese language course.  I've gotten other translated (from English) courses with local language titles to publish just fine.  Any ideas?

3 Replies
Christine Hendrickson

Hi Marcia,

Welcome to E-Learning Heroes!

I just tried this out on my end and used "標題" for the title in my project. I'm able to successfully upload to Articulate Online with this project. 

Are there any other special characters, such as dashes, underscores, etc. within the title? If so, it may help to remove them.

If you don't have any other special characters within the title, it might help to make sure you're running the most recent version of Storyline. To find your current version, click on Help >> About Articulate Storyline.

If you're not using Update 5, please install the update. Articulate Storyline Update 5 includes bug fixes, performance improvements, and HTML5 output enhancements. Click here for details.

If you install the update, or if you already install and have issues with this, please share your .story file here. I'd be happy to take a look and see if I experience the same issue on my end.

Thanks!

Marcia Harmelink

Good morning,

I have the Articulate Storyline Update 5 already loaded.  The title is 瞭解寵物營養學
第一章-序論

I am still getting the same error everytime I try to publish to Articulate Online.  I've attached a shortened version of the file and perhaps you can see how this could be resolved.

Thanks!

Christine Hendrickson

Hi Marcia,

Thank you very much for sharing the file, it makes such a difference when I can work with the project on my end.

First, I saw the exact same message and I believe it's due to the first symbol in the title. To work around this I added one single space to the title and it uploaded successfully.

I don't think this space is noticeable and I think it would probably work better for you than removing that character.

Let me know if this works for you!