Audio Echo

Jun 01, 2020

When I insert a video with audio in Storyline 3, I always get an echo. The work around so far has been to insert audio separately from the video, which removes the echo, but the audio almost always cuts out at the end and requires a lot of fiddling.

Is there a way to remove the echo without having to separate the audio from the video?

5 Replies
Katie Riggio

Hi Tarah,

Thanks for reaching out! I'm happy to look into the quality and have a few questions to help me troubleshoot:

• How are you inserting the video (from a file, website)?
  • Does the echo appear in any video or a certain one?
  • Would you mind sharing the media file so I can try to replicate the experience? You can share it privately through this upload link.
Leslie McKerchie

Thanks, Tarah.

So, it's every video that you insert? Is that in every project or this particular project? 

We can do this testing backward. I'm attaching an mp4 that works for me when I insert it into a project. Let me know if you hear the echo when you add it to a new blank project.

Margaret Melville

Hello, I am having the same issue. I tested uploading the same video that Leslie provided in the last comment, and that does not make the echo sound. I tried uploading both an MP4 and a WMV version of my video, both make the audio sound. I found another chat about echo in audio files where someone said they published their audio at a different rate and that fixed it (https://community.articulate.com/discussions/articulate-presenter/echo-in-published-audio), but when I did that to my  video, it didn't work. The audio for the video still makes the echo sound. Any more ideas? 

Lauren Connelly

Hello Margaret!

I'm sorry to hear you're still running into this issue with echoing in audio files. We don't currently have this logged as a bug since we cannot reproduce the issue. I want our Support Engineers to step in to offer their expertise. With your permission, I'd like our team to take a look at your project. You can upload the Articulate Package in a support case. Your project will be deleted after troubleshooting.