Audio

May 05, 2015

I have taken courses in the past where I could select from the first slide if I wanted to hear the associated audio or if I just wanted to read what was on screen. Whichever option I selected in the beginning carried through the entire presentation. I have been playing around with layers and triggers and such, but wanted to see if there is a way that a user can click Audio On (have audio on for the entire presentation) or Audio Off (have audio off for the entire presentation) without having to require them to select it on every slide. Has anyone found a way to do this? I'm using Articulate Storyline 2 if that makes a difference. Thanks!

6 Replies
Jenna Pingitore

Thanks, Mike! This is getting a little closer to what I'm looking for, but this sample is only one slide. If I click the audio icon that's there it pauses the audio file, but what if I enter another slide; do I have to put that audio icon/button every slide? Or is there a way to have the option selected in the beginning that will carry through the entire project?

Jenna Pingitore

Hi Mohammad,

I've recorded both in Articulate and not in Articulate. The issue isn't that I can't get it to play or load, it's that I don't want it to play at all if someone selects that they don't want the audio. I think I may have found a solution: https://community.articulate.com/articles/how-to-use-a-true-false-variable-to-let-the-learner-change-your-storyline-course-design

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.