16 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Robin,

We've seen a few reports of volume issues recently (like this one) but it's not something we've been able to replicate ourselves. Let's see if we can narrow this down.

• What version of Storyline are you using?
  • What version of Windows are you on? 
  • When did you first notice this behavior? Do you know if that coincided with any updates to Storyline or Windows?
  • Have you been able to reset your audio/speaker settings to at least hear through the standard speakers?
Robin Kauffman

I'm using Storyline 2 and on Windows 10 Pro.  I noticed this today, but I haven't added audio to Storyline in about a month.  There were no updates, to my knowledge.  

The speakers are working and here's what's weird.  When I try to preview the audio in the slide or through the preview feature, I can't hear anything.  But if I double click on the audio and go into the Audio Editor, I can hear it.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Robin,

That sounds exactly like what we've heard so far. Storyline 2's last update was released in May - is it possible that Windows updated recently? 

The good thing is the audio is included in publish and you should be able to hear it once uploaded to your LMS or web server using your speakers or headphones. 

We're still looking into this issue - but we haven't yet figured out how to reproduce it, so any other information you have would be helpful! 

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Robin, 

If it's in a Windows update, I don't know that we'll be able to change how Storyline 2 behaves. It's on our teams radar, so we're continuing to try and replicate!

I know that Windows also released a new update recently to fix a few bugs that appeared in the update just prior to that. Could you look at the update here for Windows and see if that works? 

Katie Riggio

Hello there, Nicole!

So sorry you're having trouble with the audio. I know you ran into a problem with Peek 360, so let's dig into what's going in with Storyline 360.

From here, I'm going to share this latest update with Mark so we can explore further. While there isn't a fix from the case above, I'll follow yours to share any relevant details publicly!

eCourse Review

This is basic functionality? Seriously... no sound... Why doesnt it work? I am about to lose ALOT of money because I can't finish this project. I already lost 3 days because my file was arbitrarily and suddenly corrupt and I had to redo 50 slides. I am going to ask for the INSANE amount of money back this constantly buggy slideshow software costs. 

Consider releasing versions when they actually work or charge a decent price for your product... or maybe offer some decent support besides, "Thanks we don't have a solution for this. Maybe send us a feature request for things to basically work." 

Not a fan.

Katie Riggio

Hi, Project Fusion team.

Thanks for writing in. I'm hopeful we can help!

I'm going to connect you with our senior Support staff so we can closely review and get both issues sorted for you as quickly as possible.

The team will likely need to test the .story file, so please use your case link below to share it privately:

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.