Audio issues with markers in Storyline 360

Jan 09, 2017

Hi everyone!

I created a slide using markers, and then added audio for each marker. Each marker is on a separate layer, and I've added a trigger to display the next marker when the audio for the previous marker completes. The slide works perfectly, except some times it cuts the audio for a marker off before it has completed. It does not do it consistently...sometimes it plays a marker fine, but the next time it cuts the audio off before it completes.

Any ideas on how to solve this issue?? I really appreciate any ideas!!!

12 Replies
George Swirszcz

Good Afternoon,

It seems I have the same issue with Storyline 360.

When I simply play the audio via the Timeline, it cuts out at a certain point and consistently on that slide.  However, when I Preview the slide there is no interruption.

The audio is approx 395 seconds (yes I know it's long) and I'm trying to match the audio speaker to the  notes on the slide.

The file has a lot of audio; it's approx 208,000KB.

Due to the sensitive nature of this file, is there anyway Articulate can look into this if I send it?

Also, when I deleted all the slides but the one that was giving me issues, the audio continued without cutting out; which leads me to believe it may have to do with the size of the file.

Any ideas?

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi George,

Our Support Engineers can always take a look at files privately if you upload using the link here. They can also share our NDA if needed. 

If duplicating the slide worked, I'd also want to make sure that you are: 

• working on local project files as described here. 
  • using the latest update of Storyline 360

Have you also tested the published output, or previewing the whole course instead of just that slide? I'd be curious to know if any of those caused a change in behavior.

Feel free to answer those questions in the Support case form - and I can follow along too. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.