Audio Narrated Slide in Rise

Aug 16, 2023

Hello,

I created a Storyline block with a single slide with audio narration and imported it into my Rise course.  When I previewed the published course, I did not encounter a problem.  However, when my SMEs test the published course, they report that after the video plays, the audio immediately plays if they scroll back up to or past the interaction.  The Slide triggers are Play audio Text-to-Speech1 when the timeline starts on this slide; Stop audio Text-to-Speeech1 when the timeline ends on this slide; Exit the course when the timeline ends on this slide.  Do I have the right triggers to stop the audio from replaying?

7 Replies
Kelly Auner

Hi, Donald!

Thanks for reaching out and I'm sorry you've hit this snag!

I imported the .story file as a Storyline block in Rise 360. When I preview or publish the course to Review 360, the audio does not replay when I scroll back over the block. If I exit the course and resume, then the audio will play again. I have a couple of clarifying questions to help me better understand the issue.

• Where did you publish the course?
  • What browser are the SMEs using? Have they tried using a different browser?

I'll look out for your reply!

Jose Tansengco

Hi Donald, 

Thanks for the additional information. I tested your project file on my end and I was unable to replicate the issue as well. Here's the Review 360 link that I used for testing so you can compare our test results. 

Since the issue is observable in your Review 360 link, would you mind sharing the same link that your SMEs accessed with us here so we can test that instead? I'd like to see if there are any differences between the setup of your course and mine's. We'll delete the file from our servers once we're done testing!

Jose Tansengco

Hi Donald, 

Thanks for sharing a copy of your published course. Here's a quick recording of what happens when I view it on my end. I was unable to replicate the behavior you described even after testing using multiple browsers. I used Firefox 116.0.3 (64-bit) and Google Chrome Version 116.0.5845.96 (Official Build) (x86_64) for the tests. 

Since the issue appears to only happen when the course is viewed on your end, would you be willing to make a Peek 360 recording of the issue for us? 

Also, your contact information came through as well. This Peek video will show you how to edit it out if you’d like!

Donald Adams

Hello,

I appreciate your efforts to assist me with this issue. Unfortunately, creating a Peek Video will not work for me because the problem only occurs when the SME reviews the course through Review 360, and the SME needs the PEEK Video software to create a video.

Because you could not replicate the behavior on your end, I will assume that it is an isolated instance and ask that you close the case.

Eric Santos

Hi Donald,

I'm happy to chime in! You are correct that this issue is possibly isolated to the SME's environment. We're happy to conduct further investigation as needed. You can send us a screen recording using any recording tool your SME is comfortable with.

Also, just a quick note that replying via email includes your signature here, so you are welcome to edit the post and remove that information if you wish!