Audio not playing/Audio Button not working in Published Courses Storyline 360

May 01, 2020

I am working on re-publishing an old course with the modern player and when I publish it to Review 360 the audio disappears. It happened first on a slide with video. When I published just that slide to Review 360 the volume/audio was fine but when I publish the entire lesson audio disappears. I tried replacing the video first and the same thing happened when publishing the individual slide and the entire lesson. I removed that slide and published it again and the audio disappeared on the following slide but when I attempted to adjust the volume in the player it came back. After hearing about a second issue with a different course in our LMS (Inquisiq), I put the slide with the video back in and published again, this time there was no audio on either of the slides and when I tried to adjust it with the volume button nothing happened.

While working on that, I received a message that we had a similar issue with a different course being viewed by a customer in the LMS. This course is not as old as the one I'm working on but it is in the classic player. Here is the message I received: "the customer attempted to turn the volume down within the course and the little bar went to the bottom and muted the course and she could not adjust it back up. She had to closeout and open the lesson again. I had to run the same course yesterday for a customer and I experienced the same issue." This happened in two different lessons within the same course. I reviewed the course and attempted to turn the volume down in the player and nothing happened, the volume would not adjust at all.

Any idea what might be going on here? Has anyone run into this before?

3 Replies
Vincent Scoma

Hi Chrissie,

Thank you for reaching out and letting us know! 

A couple of questions for you on this:

• Do these audio issues occur only for upgraded courses? 
  • Is this happening in a new file? 

If you can share your file with us, we're always more than happy to help! You can share files in this thread, or you're always welcome to share them privately here. We'll let you know our findings and will delete it after having a closer look!

Katie Riggio

Hi Engage Them,

Looking at Chrissie's case, our team linked the behavior to Google's autoplay policy and recommended the following:

1. Let the course play up to slide 2. Click the Previous button to go back to the title slide, and then from the title slide, click Next. Check if the audio will play on slide 2.

2. Change the behavior of slide 1, and do not let it advance automatically. Instead, have learners click the Next button to go to slide 2. Check if the audio will play.

We'd love to work closely with you, too! Connect with our Support team below:

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.