Audio not working at all - Articulate 3

Hello everybody!

I'm facing problems with audio tracks in a recent project. No audio files will play, I've tried Mp3 files, .wav, opened the project again, imported to another file and nothing works. I've tried opening a new project too, but still no success. And it happened suddenly! Now I can't even hear the audio tracks in any of my previous projects either. 

It doesnt work in any of the previews, timeline, and it's not appearing in the publishing either. I checked everythig I could, but the deadline is almost over and I can't think of any other solutions. Help?

 Edit: I've just published a single slide and the audio worked - in horrible quality! :( Still can't hear nothing on the preview.

Thanks in advance for the support! 

3 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hi Marina,

Thanks for reaching out and letting us know the audio troubles you're seeing.

I'd be happy to help you out; I just have a few questions:

  • Are you working on a local hard drive (typically the C: drive)? Working on a network drive or an external USB drive can cause odd behavior similar to what you're experiencing, so I'd like to rule that out first.  
  • You mention that it happened suddenly. Have you done a recent update that may have caused a change?

It sounds like the issue is happening in any/all files, so I would advise that you conduct a repair of your software to see if that helps the problem.

If you'd like to work one-on-one with our team, then with your permission, I'd like you to share your project file with our support engineers to investigate what's happening. You can share it privately by uploading it here. It will be deleted when troubleshooting is complete.

Marina Dantas

Hello Leslie and sorry for the late, late, extra late response! I can finally provide a full update on what happened, in case anyone runs into the same problem.

I'm working locally and there was no recent update in the machine I'm working on. Before running a repair like suggested, I investigated more and found out that the one of the problems was the headphones output in the CPU - the receivers weren't working!

However, after solving the problem with the receivers, the audio quality was poor both in the preview and after publishing. I solved that by changing the settings in the "Publish Quality" screen. I set everything on high, and everything went back to normal. 

Thanks a lot for the support! :)